Connecting Health & Productivity
The WorkRx ®: A work prescription (WorkRx®) is both a philosophy, as well as a practice. The WorkRx philosophy and practice affirm that:
● Health and productivity are connected
● Corporate, employee health and productivity factors can be merged into a practical plan, protecting the short and long term productivity for the employee and employer, alike.
A Corporate WorkRx ® guides an organization to more effectively control the impact of health and productivity issues within its work place. It starts with a corporate plan that organizes and directs its resources. The following suggestions can be incorporated in your organization’s WorkRx ®, offering solutions to common health and productivity predicaments.
Excessive Lost Time ? Our organization is experiencing excessive lost time and costs from unknown or confusing reasons!
This is a common experience for employers of all sizes and industry. The first step in managing lost time is defining the internal and external drivers.
Key questions are:
· Do our corporate policies, practices or labor management agreements encourage unnecessary or extended lost time?
· Do specific healthcare providers extend lost time as part of their practice patterns?
· Are there unique employee patterns or specific impairment types in our work force that generate the most lost time?
· Are there identifiable lost time patterns that are connected to employee relations issues?
· Are there lost time patterns consistent over time? Are there identifiable patterns related to seasonal lost time, lost time patterns that are increasing or decreasing?
· Are there lost time patterns unique to a specific managers and shifts, work days, work site or affiliate division
The following link offers a tool to define the quantitative impact of lost time. Once a lost time profile is in place an organization can take the next step in determining the appropriate resources to bring forward.